Wednesday 2 November 2016

JB: Pre-planning for shoot for Flashback moments

At the weekend, I am planning to record the 'flashback' montage moments as these are the last needed part of our footage. For this part of the filming I understand there are numerous variables I am going to need:

  • A Father figure to act as the long lost father of the main character. (My dad)
  • A youthful and energetic character to connote a happy young son. (Archie, 11)
  • A track and dolly - for the track forwards on the sofa.
  • A camera - which I will need to hire from school by Friday.
  • Relatively good weather - to connote a happy and pleasant atmosphere.
We are planning on using 5 main photographs which will in turn come to life and represent the child and father having a good time playing with each other in various different locations.







I will use 'Fusion 8.1' to compliment after effects by making the images seem to come to life on a piece of paper, to connote that the main character is 'reminiscing about the old times' when his father was alive. (See 'JB: Experimentation of after effects' for evidence). I feel i will be able to create verisimilitude between the audience and the characters past by connecting these images and portraying a desirable and happy family atmosphere. I am also thinking about adding another frame to this montage to definitely make it 100% clear what is happening. This would be a shot in a rural location where I would have the main charterer looking at a view, with the adult and the younger child walking across the field together, to imply that he misses the old times.



1 comment:

  1. Well done jack this is a level four post to improve add captions under the frames explaining the location and situation

    ReplyDelete