Tuesday 11 October 2016

Group: Pitch




Response to the Pitch:
O.C- My role in the pitch was to breakdown the locations we are going to use with the type of environment they bring with them either rural or urban. Also through accessing these locations the challenges we may encounter from using them.  I also wrote about the logistics with the problems of money from travelling up to London. I also spoke about the cast and crew and the roles each of us will play in the making of the video.
L.H- In the pitch I contributed the Band Image within this I talked about Loyle Carner’s meta narrative and how he emphasised this for example through filming in black and white. We want to replicate Loyle Carner in the fact that his work is very abstract also. In the pitch I also focused on the artists and Homeland opening sequence that inspired us. I also wrote up the treatment in our pitch.
J.B- Within the pitch I talked about the storyboard with visuals of similar shots to the ones we want to replicate on there. I also talked about the lyrics to the song and the image Loyle Carner is trying to present with them. Loyle Carners meta narrative is something that I spoke about with this playing an important role into where we are filming our music video
Strengths of pitch:
·         Treatment, there was an appropriate overall idea for the track, with links to lyrics evident, carefully considered interpretation of themes and mood of the track
·         Consideration of artist’s metanarrative
·         Range of visual ideas with clear links to the videos from the group research
·         Evidence of test shots on location

·         Visual ideas such as record player as the opening and closing, black and white filming, use of filters and effects have real potential

1 comment: